Photo credit: Matthew Templeton
Hi! Thanks for checking out my Web site and learning more about me. My name is Colleen M. Albert, and I'm The Grammar Babe!
After working for a Fortune 500 company for 12 years, transitioning to civil service, and juggling contract jobs, I left Corporate America to focus on my new family and have a better work-life balance.
I am very selective about the projects I now take, so that I can continue to give both my family and my clients my absolute best. I have more than enough time, talent, and drive to help my clients succeed. Working on my own schedule allows me the flexibility to be in the present moment with my children, while taking on the projects that best fit my lifestyle and mission. I'm more interested in taking on a few amazing projects than spreading myself too thin by trying to do it all.
What is my mission?
My primary focus is in editing novels, novellas, flash fiction, Web content, and marketing materials in the publishing industry. I'm meticulous, organized, and creative. Because I have an unmatched work ethic, I will not take on a project or a client if I cannot give 100% of my time, talent, and laser focus. My mission is to have my clients excited to send their work to me because they are confident in the value I can add to their finished projects. I promise to deliver polished, professional, objective, and thoughtful feedback, matched with creative suggestions to help bring out the best in your writing. I'm only successful when you are, so I prefer a very collaborative and pressure-free relationship. I promise I wont smack your hand with a ruler or make you fear the red pen!
Why am I qualified?
Education: Queens University of Charlotte, Bachelors of Art in Organizational Communications with a concentration in Marketing; graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- MELISSA FOSTER
- STACY EATON
- K.N. LEE
- JULIE FARLEY
- KSENIA ANSKE
- DEBORAH BROWN
- NATASHA BROWN
- SANDY NATHAN
- DELIA COLVIN
- BECKY PAGE
- DYLAN J. MORGAN
- JES YOUNG
- SHADEFLOWER DESIGNS: contract writer
- SOMETHING BLUE CHARLESTON: contract writer
- CITY OF CHARLOTTE/DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION: communications manager, marketing & public relations manager, spokesperson/media liaison, graphic arts & photography manager, and public education coordinator
- BANK OF AMERICA: Consumer Banking, Premier Banking, Training Design & Development, Change Release/Project Management, Communications Manager for Technology Executive with 2,000+ employees nationwide
- CAROLINA BRIDE: contract writer
- MAESTRO DESIGNS: public relations & marketing consultant
- AMERICA SPEAKS: United Agenda for Children facilitator
- AMERICAN RED CROSS: Disaster Services Call Center communications volunteer
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY: volunteer worker
- LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY: Team in Training certified walk coach, fund-raising mentor, and training mentor; marathon participant
- MS 150 BIKE TO THE BEACH & WALK TO D'FEET ALS: fundraiser, athlete, committee chair
- QUAIL HOLLOW HOMEOWNERS' ASSOCIATION: at-large board member, communications chair
- LOCAL SCHOOLS: volunteer; Room Parent, Room Parent Coordinator, communications, fund-raising, and Parent Council
Personal Writing: International Bestselling Author of three books: Redd's Descent, Faith in Love, and Last Night in Laguna. Visit me at www.cmalbert.blogspot.com.
What are my professional skills?
- 15 years experience in the writing and editing field: training design & development, internal & external communications, speech writing & editing, technical writing & editing, web site content development & management, speech writing & editing, script writing/televised meeting coordination, press releases, marketing collateral materials, copy-writing, copy-editing
- Novel copy-editing
- Public relations, media liaison, spokesperson
- Strategic communications planning and tactical execution
- Project and relationship management
- Associate Engagement and Rewards & Recognition program management
- E-mail and mail campaigns
- Print vendor management
- Web site design and development with WYSIWYG programs, tracking, statistics, analyzation
- Feedback loops including surveys, focus groups (writing & facilitation), data gathering & analyzation, strategic planning
- Proficient in Adobe, Illustrator/Photoshop, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Site Tool Kit, Discovery/Content Management
- Experience with Dream Weaver, Front Page, Facebook groups, blogging, WYSIWYG web sites
- Personal writing etiquette
- Amateur photographer with a great eye toward composition